Friday, June 20, 2014

Carrot Fries with Homemade Ranch Dressing



Double post here... The carrot fries were great, and the ranch dressing was... hmmm... well....So I have to be honest.... This homemade Whole30 approved ranch dressing was really hard for me to like.... It got GREAT reviews on the whole30recipes instagram, and it really was REALLY good.... I just could not get past the fact that it had a raw egg in it, which ruined it for me.  My hubs really really liked it, Which means it's good. And I definitely recommend it to those who don't mind a little raw egg.  I didn't think it would be a problem for me because sooooo many of the whole30 "dressing" recipes (actually almost all of them) call for an egg... But alas, my brain won over my taste buds and I just could't stomach it. BUT try it, if thats not something that bothers you ;)

(Recipe's found on Whole30recipes Instagram)
Carrot Fries

-6-8 carrots cut into 4ths
-1 Tbs Olive Oil
-1/2 T salt
-1/2 T Thyme

Toss it all together and roast on tin foil at 425F for 15 Min, flip, then 15 min more

Ranch Dressing

-2/3 cup avocado or olive oil
-1 room temp egg
-2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
-1/2 tsp sea salt
-1.2 tsp pepper
-1/2 tsp onion powder
-1/2 tsp granulated garlic
-1 tsp dried or fresh herbs (I used parsley and chives but you can also use cilantro or dill)
-2 Tbsp full fat unsweetened canned coconut milk

Directions

1.  Place the egg, vinegar, spices, and herbs in the food processor and pulse a few times
2.  slowly our in the oil, blending constantly.  It may take a few minutes for it to all get in
3.  Add in coconut milk and pulse a few more times


No comments:

Post a Comment