Wednesday, October 9, 2013

The Green Monster

My amazing mom got me a juicer for Christmas, and I have been hooked ever since! I absolutely LOVE it and surprisingly so does my hubby,  he will usually jug down a glass of carrot juice before I have even started on mine.  So here is a recipe I found which looks really gross, but is actually super good! Don't ever be discouraged by a frothy green, foamy color haha... Just means it's healthy ;)
Mmmm Mmmm Good
Mmmm Mmmm Good
Ingredients
- one whole cucumber
-two carrots
-two large handfuls of spinach (or kale)
-two granny smith apples
-four sticks of celery
-ginger (about a thumb size)
-half a lemon
I use a Breville Juice Fountain.  Really any juicer will work, but you want to make sure it's somewhat good quality so you get the most out of your fruits and veggies in your cup rather than in the pulp.
I use a Breville Juice Fountain. Really any juicer will work, but you want to make sure it's somewhat good quality so you get the most out of your fruits and veggies in your cup rather than in the pulp.
Just put all the ingredients into your juicer one at a time.  When your done juicing simply pour over a cup of ice and enjoy!!!  Remember.... The first sip is the hardest, but it really is delicious :)
Spinach
Spinach
Lemon!
Lemon!
Ginger Root
Ginger Root
Granny Smith Apple
Granny Smith Apple
Cucumber
Cucumber
Celery
Celery
Carrot
Carrot

No comments:

Post a Comment