Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Pumpkin Butter

Photo Oct 05, 9 59 03 PM
If there is ONE recipe you decide to try out from my blog, it is definitely this one!!! I am SOOO glad I decided go out on a limb and try making pumpkin butter, and CANNOT believe how easy it was! My only regret is that it took me so long to discover this recipe.  It literally tastes like spreadable pumpkin pie.  Plus, as an added bonus, it made my house smell like Christmas! I definitely recommend this recipe! It’s easy, most of the ingredients you should already have in your pantry, and it is D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S!!!

Recipe

  • 1 15oz can of pumpkin
  • 1/2 cup apple juice (I juiced fresh apples for this, but you can use store bought apple juice too)
  • 3/4 cups of sugar
  • 1 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
  • 1/4 tsp ground ginger

Instructions

  • Set crockpot on low
  • In crockpot combine ALL ingredients and mix thoroughly
  • Let cook for about 5 hours, making sure to stir about every hour so the edges don’t burn. You will know it’s done when it’s thick enough to stick to an upside down spoon without falling off
  • Spoon pumpkin butter into a jar and place in the fridge to cool.  (*Try*) to wait until it is completely cooled before serving
Now, your house smells AMAZING and you have an even MORE amazing deliciously yummy jar of Pumpkin Butter just waiting for your toast!
Photo Oct 06, 5 42 26 PM
Photo Oct 06, 6 34 45 PM
Photo Oct 05, 9 07 21 PMPhoto Oct 05, 9 07 14 PM (1)
Photo Oct 05, 7 34 46 PM
ITS DONE!!!
Photo Oct 06, 5 54 13 PM
There ya go! Let me know if you try it and what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment