Monday, October 14, 2013

"A Little Bit of Everything" Cookies


I have been posting A TON of recipes lately, which normally isn't like me... BUT Ryan and I decided we aren't going to eat fast food anymore, and I have been on a bit of a health kick, so I am being forced to get creative with our meals which has turned out to be pretty fun!  Remember when I told you to stay tuned in my Almond Milk post to find out what I did with the extra almond pulp left over? Well... I made flourless, almost sugarless (aside from the honey) cookies! These little things are not only healthy looking, but taste great too! Keep in mind that these are no "delicious chocolate chip cookies" or my favorite "white chocolate macadamia".  They definitely aren't as sweet, but are perfect for when you want that "tasty and good for you too" kinda treat.  

Ingredients
  • 2 ripe bananas
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup almond pulp (or peanut butter if you don't have any)
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 4 tbs honey
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp nutmeg
  • 3/4 cup coconut flakes
  • 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds (optional)
  • 1 cup oats
Directions
  1. Set oven to 350 degrees
  2. Mash banana's in a medium size bowl until they are nice and gooey
  3. Add eggs, almond pulp, vanilla, and honey and mix thoroughly
  4. Add cinnamon, nutmeg, coconut flakes, and pumpkin seeds
  5. Lastly mix in the oats
  6. Spoon mixture on greased cookie sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes
  7. Cool on a cookie sheet and enjoy!
Here is a picture of the leftover almond pulp




P.S. I couldn't for the life of me think of a good name for these cookies because, well, what do you call the cookie that has everything, or at least a whole lot.  This recipe isn't cut in stone so if you think of different variations or add ins let me know!


No comments:

Post a Comment